Plaster Sculpture Abstract

I rather enjoyed this project the most. I've never worked with this medium before and now that I know I really want to try making things outside of school with this stuff, this project was alot of fun. Well first off this was not how I wanted it to look, it looks way off but in a way still appealing to the eye.
My nature item was a Lily flower. I made a mold of a abstract lily with almost tentacle petals, and a pod on its head with seeds inside, and like pollen teeth on the bottom but some parts were not do-able with my plaster route, so I had to go with a new Lily concept. At first carving this was really hard but then I found the right tools and it paid off. Working with this at first it really looked like a human iceberg. I was hoping to make this more of the lily shape but I actually had a piece that broke off, so again had to think of a new idea. The long thin parts on the sides are suppose to be the leaves. The main middle part is the shape of the lily. The two smaller pieces on the opposite sides are suppose to be the pollen parts but in a different location. The top head part is the flower pod and inside has four flower seeds. There are curves in the pod and curves on the top of the leafs for different shape. This indeed was a very strange piece to work with and just wished it didn't still represent the rectangle shape when starting out with it. It's definately weird but I kinda of like that it's different and very odd looking. The shape overall is twisted and unique. I put a deep hole on the bottom for easy placement. I loved workings with all the tools especially the net looking one because it really smoothed out all the plaster and made it soft and look nice. I would have loved to do something like this again now that I know what to expect and what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toucan Tile Pieces

Design 2 Wire Project